Atlanta is the biggest city in Georgia and currently among 36 alpha cities in the world with a GDP of $270 billion. It is an extremely wise move to relocate to the city at this time. Here’s why:
- It is a metropolitan city and also a huge hub of commerce.
- It is home to a large number of Fortune 500 companies.
- The population exceeds five million people.
- The city is also notoriously popular for its corporate sector.
Atlanta is the most populated city in the state of Georgia and it is also the hub of commerce and finance.
1. Moving services and tips
Relocation can be tiring and stress inducing. It is very hard to find the right movers who can plan the right strategy for you. However, minimum risk should be involved when considering relocation. Ideally, the process of relocation should be reliable and smooth. Moving from one place to another can be a big hassle, let alone from one state to another.
Some of the important tips to consider to help assure your move go as smooth as possible:
- One of the most important tasks will be securing a moving company. You’ll want to research and choose a professional company at least a month prior. A good company will be able to give you helpful advice about how to better prepare for the move.
- Choose a professional company that has experience in transporting furniture to ensure every precaution is taken to protect your belongings.
- Pack your boxes neatly, and have them labeled by contents and location of home where they belong. Professional moving companies will offer many packing service options if you need help. If you are packing yourself, it is important to use the best packing products for your belongings.
- Make sure you carry your immediate belongings with you. Pack a bag with some essentials, like a change of clothes and essential toiletries. Don’t forget the snacks! You’ll need some snack and water to help provide you with the energy for the move.
- Familiarize yourself with the town. Find where your local banks, schools and groceries stores are located. These are often the places you’ll need to go to first and it can help if you can find them quickly.
- When shopping for a mover it is best to ask family or friends for a recommendation. If you are getting names online, it is important to research those movers with local agencies like better business bureau or the department of transportation.
- No matter what your interests are, you will find something appealing to you. Different events are constantly organized in Atlanta. The city is known for various festival celebrations including those in the fields of arts, sciences, seasons and film, theatre and food festivals.
- Since Atlanta is a very big city, it comprises of hundreds of diversified localities. There is a huge range of neighborhoods. Different areas have different price rates and are ideal people from various social and economic backgrounds. You can choose to live in any locality, depending upon your budget. Other than financial divisions, various recreational activities and lifestyle also matter a lot when choosing the right locality in Atlanta.
- Considering all these aspects, Atlanta seems a good option to relocate to. Anyone intending to move to Atlanta should make sure that they get a well paying job here to maintain a quality life standard. The current scenario is an ideal one to move to the city as there are growing opportunities for all.
- If you are looking for growth in career or want to boost a business, Atlanta is the best choice for moving as the city is full of opportunities.
2. Highways and public transport
One of the first things to get used to when moving to a new place is the traffic. Although Atlanta is known for its traffic woes and hustle bustle - the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority is responsible for providing an organized system of metro and buses in the city. It is among the top ten transport systems in America. There are various routes available for public transportation if you want to avoid the complications of traffic.
The transportation infrastructure in Atlanta comprises of a network which includes a heavy rail network, multiple interstate highways and the world’s busiest airport. The use of personal cars is also more common than public transportation.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority is responsible for managing the system of bus and rail in the city. The subway system in Atlanta is the 8th busiest in the United States. MARTA connects various destinations in the city. A number of private minibuses are also operated in the city. Due to favorable weather conditions, many people are also opting for cycling in Atlanta.
The weather usually remains moderate throughout the year. You’ll want to plan your move for the spring or the fall, generally the mildest of the seasons. It gets a little warm in summers but it is bearable. The average temperature throughout the year is very helpful in keeping the businesses running within the city. During winter, temperatures rarely reach below freezing point, but sometimes, severe snowfall can cause trouble. There are chances of storms and they can shut down the city’s operations completely. But on average, the city has moderate climate.
Education can play a big role in choosing where and why to relocate. The city is known for its exceptional educational institutes. There are more than 35 high quality academic and research institutes present in Atlanta. It is a highly preferred destination among international students too. The famous art college Savannah College of Art and Design is also present in Atlanta. Some universities and colleges in Atlanta include:
- Spelman College
- The Salvation Army Evangeline Booth College
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Life University
- Columbia Theological Seminary
- Brenau University
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- American National College
- Georgia State University
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Morehouse College
- Emory University
- Morris Brown College
- Therrell School of Engineering- Math- and Science
- Bauder College
- Clayton State University
- Kennesaw State University
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Herzing College
- John Marshall Law School
- Morehouse College
- Art Institute of Atlanta
- Interdenominational Theological Center
- Oglethorpe University
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Savannah College of Art and Design
Famous research universities in Atlanta include:
- Clark Atlanta University
- University System of Georgia
- Clark Atlanta University
- DeVry University
- American Intercontinental University
Some of the very popular community colleges in the city are:
- North Metro Technical College
- Point University
- Georgia Perimeter College
- Agnes Scott College
- Spelman College
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Ashworth University
- Laurus Technical Institute
- Community and technical college
- Gwinnett College
- Chattahoochee Technical College
When you move to Atlanta, you may be interested to learn more about the local politics in the area. The mayor council form of government is present in Atlanta. There are total 15 representatives present in the city council each serving one of the twelve districts. There have also been some disruptions in the past few years as the city government has been charged for corruption many times.
6. Cities / metro areas
There are so many neighborhoods to choose where to move to in Atlanta. The total number of neighborhoods is 242. The three types of localities present in Atlanta include subdivisions, city center areas such as Midtown and Downtown and old neighborhoods. The total number of neighborhood planning units is 25. Some of the most popular metro areas in the city include:
- Ormewood Park
7. Cost of living
It is common to relocate for a new job opportunity. The city, being the fourth largest home for Fortune 500 companies, is an ideal place to find employment in. Atlanta is also one of the greatest hubs of commerce in the US. Therefore, it has plenty of options and opportunities for people to find employment. Small and medium sized enterprises also have potential to grow.
Depending on where you move, you may not only be relocating into a new home but into a new school as well. Some of the best schools of country are present in Atlanta. There are more than 105 schools with 55,000 students enrolled here. Its always wise to check out the school your family will be attending. Find a list and ratings here. A large number of private, public and charter schools are also present in Atlanta. Famous schools in Atlanta include:
- Atlanta Girls' School
- Fulton Science Academy Private School
- The Lovett School
- Wesleyan School in Peachtree Corners
- Ben Franklin Academy
- Charles R. Drew Charter School
- Greenfield Hebrew Academy in Sandy Springs
- Mount Vernon Presbyterian School in Sandy Springs
- The Galloway School
Some other elementary, middle and high schools include:
- South Atlanta School of Computer Animation and Design
- Pace Academy
- Brandon Elementary School
- Sudbury School of Atlanta in Avondale Estates
- The Westminster Schools
- Booker High School
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School in Johns Creek
- Morningside Elementary School
- Our Lady of Mercy Catholic High School
- Woodward Academy in College Park
- Jackson Elementary School
- School of Health Sciences and Research at Carver
- The Best Academy High School At Benjamin S. Carson
- Eagle's Landing Christian Academy
- Holy Innocents' Episcopal School
- Sunshine STEM Academy in Alpharetta
9. Media outlets
When you move, it’s important to find out where your main source of new will be coming from. The Atlanta Journal Constitution is the most widely circulated newspaper and is published seven days a week. The newspaper is extremely famous among the residents and is the most read as well. It contains columns of world news, sports, business and weather. Other famous publications in the city include Creative Loafing Atlanta, The Atlanta Inquire and Vida Latina. The city is known for its interest in reading.
It is of utmost importance to know about the cultural and societal values prevalent in the city. On the whole, the readership and viewership of different sources of media is very high and diverse.
10. About Movers USA
Relocation can be tiring and stress inducing. It is very hard to find the right movers who can plan the right strategy for you. However, minimum risk should be involved when considering relocation. Ideally, the process of relocation should be reliable and smooth. Moving from one place to another can be a big hassle, let alone from one country to another. Therefore, to have the best moving experience, it is extremely necessary to find the right company
With more than 3 decades of on hand experience, Movers USA is surely the best professional choice you can make when it comes to relocation. We specialize in taking away all your worries and stresses related to relocation and work with you to create a smooth moving plan for you! Be it within town, outside the state or even country, Movers USA will surely deliver the best.
The staff at Movers USA is experienced and qualified to handle any type of move. We are known for giving top quality service and having the best teams in town. Our guys will be able to handle any challenge efficiently and we always take the furthest precaution in caring for your items.
From our know-how to the top of the line moving equipment that we use, your items will be in good hands. Movers USA have well-maintained and high quality trucks. You may have even seen our beautiful trucks around town! The trucks are custom designed for making the relocation easier and simpler. They provide best quality service, be it an interstate, local or even international move. All type of storage services including short term and long term are available. Consult with one of our specialists to discover all your options to find which will work best for you.With all these features, we also offer constant live customer support. The claims for theft, damage or loss can easily be registered. The highly professional team can help you in making the best of your move. The high quality services are also given at a very low cost compared to the market. As it is very difficult to find the best price for the most reliable moving services, choose Movers USA and have a smooth and stress-free relocation experience!